The College Area Business District is offering Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies for those member businesses who are celebrating a grand opening, anniversary or other special occasions. We are taking these opportunities to celebrate your success. Why not, we love another reason to have a party!
These celebrations are meant to attract publicity to you and your business. The staff of the College Area Business District will assist you in coordinating the event and custom design it just for you and your budget.
Here is a simple list of what we can offer and what you can be expected to do to ensure that you enjoy the benefits of a Ribbon Cutting Event:
What the College Area Business District will do:
- Work with you to choose an event date
- Write and distribute a press release to local media
- Post public invitation to the event through our social media and other internet presences
- Invite: City Officials and other dignitaries, potential new customers and neighboring businesses.
- Introduce you to other businesses in the District that can assist with catering or other products & services needed for a successful event
- Introduce you to your new customer base through community and neighborhood groups so they get to know your business and you, the owner/ manager personally.
- Contact media and dignitaries a few days in advance to remind & personally invite them and confirm attendance.
- Provide a ribbon, the Big Scissors and take photos to capture the celebration and post photos on social media and other internet presences to show what a great time the event was.
What you can do to ensure a fun and successful event:
- Invite your customers, friends and others through your own media and social media. Share the promotion of the College Area Business District with your followers.
- Work with local restaurants and other shops to supply your event with a DJ, catering or games.
- Provide specials, discounts or giveaways to attract visitors who could be your new customers
- Offer games or interactive activities for the event
- Ask your staff to assist you with giving tours of your facility to free you up to greet and mingle.
- Have an email sign up form for e-newsletter and other follow-up communications.
If you have an occasion for a Ribbon Cutting Event, please complete the form by clicking here. The College Area Business District staff will contact you within one business day to follow up and begin to plan and help you coordinate a great celebration of your business.
If you have questions about our Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, please email our Executive Director, Jim Schneider or call Jim at 619-582-1093.
We look forward to celebrating your success!